Private Debt / Responsible mesofinance in the service of man: Compartment "BBSS 1"»
This sub-fund, launched in July 2016, makes it possible to participate in the development of SMEs and production cooperatives in emerging countries that have difficulty accessing conventional bank credit. The financing provided makes it possible to finance working capital requirements and / or fixed assets. At the end of June 2019, the portfolio consisted of 21 companies spread between the Philippines, Peru and Ecuador. These SMEs evolve in the sectors of transport, agriculture, industry, real estate and education
Your impact ?
- Focus on the development of human capital and the protection of human dignity: remuneration and benefits, training.
- In addition, portfolio SMEs must at least meet SDG 8* (decent work and economic growth)
* Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 (under the auspices of the UN)
- Examples of realization (30/06/2019):
- 1250 direct jobs and 400 farmers supported
- The portfolio also contributes to the achievement of SDGs 1 (No Poverty), SDG 2 (Hunger ‘Zero’) and SDG 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure)
Local financial partners:
Peru: FOGAL (guarantee fund)
Ecuador: PRAGMATIQUS (factoring)
Philippines: Maybridge, NPFC (Credit Institutions)
Who is our partner? :
- Our partner is a Luxemburg Private Debt company that provides direct loans ranging from $ 100,000 to $ 500,000 over 3 to 48 months (for Opex and Capex needs) to growing SMEs. unlisted (private debt) with at least five years of existence.
- Each loan is co-financed (up to 80% by Backbone) with a local financial partner (at least 20%). This ensures a strong alignment between the two parties involved in the transaction with the funded SME.