Private Debt / Responsible mesofinance in the service of man: "BBSS 2" compartment
This sub-fund, launched in June 2018, makes it possible to participate in the development of SMEs and production cooperatives in emerging countries that have difficulty accessing conventional bank credit. The financing provided makes it possible to finance working capital requirements and / or fixed assets. At the end of June 2019, the portfolio is made up of 7 companies spread between Ivory Coast, Peru and Ecuador. These SMEs operate in the transport, agriculture and industry sectors.
Your impact ?
- Focus on the development of human capital and the protection of human dignity: remuneration and benefits, training.
- In addition, portfolio SMEs must at least meet SDG 8* (decent work and economic growth)
* Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 (under the auspices of the UN)
- Examples of realization (30/06/2019):
- 700 direct jobs and 750 farmers supported
- The portfolio also contributes to the achievement of SDGs 1 (No Poverty), SDG 2 (Hunger ‘Zero’) and SDG 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure)
Local financial partners:
Peru: FOGAL (guarantee fund)
Ecuador: PRAGMATIQUS (factoring)
Ivory Coast: Credit Access
Who is our partner? :
- Our partner is a Luxemburg Private Debt company that provides direct loans ranging from $ 100,000 to $ 500,000 over 3 to 48 months (for Opex and Capex needs) to growing SMEs. unlisted (private debt) with at least five years of existence.
- Each loan is co-financed (up to 80% by Backbone) with a local financial partner (at least 20%). This ensures a strong alignment between the two parties involved in the transaction with the funded SME.